6・25 참전 용사의 고귀한 희생…잊지 않겠어요!

6・25 참전 용사의 고귀한 희생…잊지 않겠어요!

뉴질랜드타임즈 댓글 0 조회 1031 추천 0

20200214_comnews_011.jpg

‘2020년 대한민국-뉴질랜드 참전용사 후손 비전캠프’ 열려

대한민국 국가보훈처는 6·25전쟁 70주년을 기념하고 유엔 참전국과의 지속적인 교류·협력을 위한 ‘2020년 한-뉴질랜드 참전용사 후손 비전 캠프’를 2월 2일(월)부터 5박 7일간 진행했다.

이번 캠프에는 한국 대학생 20명과 뉴질랜드 참전용사 후손 대학생 20명 등 총 40명이 참가했다. 한국 참가자 중 5명은 6․25 참전 유공자의 손 자녀로, 할아버지에게 전해들은 전쟁 체험담을 기초로 작성한 편지를 7일(금) ‘뉴질랜드 참전용사 위로연’에서 낭독했다.

이날 편지를 낭독한 권주은 양은 한국 전쟁 참전 용사인 권치겸 씨의 손녀여서 더욱 의미가 있었으며 낭독 후 참석자들로부터 큰 박수를 받았다.

그는 편지에서 그의 할아버지는 가족과 한국을 사랑한 따뜻한 분이셨다. 만약 할아버지가 살아계셨다면 할아버지는 지금 이곳에 서 있는 그를 자랑스러워 하셨을 것이라고 말했다. 그는 국가를 위해 젊음을 바친 할아버지를 비롯하여 뉴질랜드 참전 용사들에게도 감사한다고 편지를 통해 전했다. 또한, 그는 그들의 희생이 헛되지 않도록 최선을 다해 살겠다고 다짐했다.

이번 캠프는 학생들이 직접 기획한 참여자 중심 프로그램으로, 웰링턴에 있는 ‘아오테아 한국전 참전비(A Heritage Memorial, Aotea Quay)를 방문하여 헌화하고 참배했다. 또한 ‘푸케아후 전쟁기념공원(Pukeahu National War Memorial Park)’에서 캠프 참가 학생 전체가 참여하여 ‘워커톤(Walk-A-Thon) 행사’를 진행했다. 워커톤(Walk-A-Thon, 평화를 위한 발걸음)행사는 뉴질랜드 시민들에게 6・25전쟁 발발 70주년을 기념하는 내용을 홍보하고, 참전용사에게 감사 메시지를 담은 피켓을 들고 공원을 걷는 행사이다.

<권주은 양 편지 전문>
Dear Veterans,
My name is Jueun Kwon, granddaughter of Kwon Chi-kyum, a Korean war veteran.
First of all, it is my great honor to have the opportunity to express our appreciation to you. I’d like to introduce my proud grandfather.
My grandfather, born in Wagwan-eup, Chilgok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do, was the first born of six sons and one daughter. I am proud of my grandfather, a veteran of the Korean War who shines on my country. My grandfather seemed blunt and resistant, but more responsible than anyone else, who always looked after his younger brothers and sister with affection.
When the Korean war broke out after he was discharged from the army, he volunteered to protect his family and protect the country. At that time, bamboo was placed in front of the house, when one of the family members went to fight in the Korean War. Bamboo trees that represented families and neighbors’ wishes, for safe return from the war, were also standing in front of my grandfather’s house.
It is said that young people in the province who were 20 years old, including my grandfather, gathered at Sunsim High School and received all kinds of equipment for the war. The only dinner offered to the young men at the time was rice balls with a little bit of salt on them. Even my grandfather gave his portion to his little brother who came to see him. My grandfather’s younger brother, who was telling me this story, was in tears. He went to the Jeju Training Center, which was the hardest training center. He was assigned the training number, 9442940, and trained for six months there. After that, he was sent to Yeongcheon, Gangwon-do, and went up near the Amnok River to fight a fierce battle.
That’s all I’ve ever heard about my grandfather’s Korean war story. He passed away early, and all I can remember about him is just what I see in pictures. Because of his resistance to talk about the war, he didn’t even discuss his experience with his brothers. I don’t know what kind of operation he carried out, but I can assure you, he was a warm man who loved his family and Korea. If he were alive, he’d be proud of me standing here, more than anyone else would be. He would also want to express appreciation to you.
If I had the chance to talk to him again, I would tell him: “Thank you, for dedicating your youth to this country. I miss you so much”. Now I’d like to convey this thanks to you, the veterans here before me.
I can’t imagine how much courage it would have taken to come to Korea, far away from New Zealand. Thank you for your noble sacrifices, so we can dream of a better world on this land. Your sacrifice saved us and saved the Republic of Korea.
This story will be passed down to future generations, and I will do my best to help future generations remember you, like we have. I will keep in mind the Korean war veterans’ sacrifice for the rest of my life, so that your youth never be in vain
Thank you, my heroes.
Sincerely,
Jueun Kwon

뉴질랜드타임즈

저작권자 © ‘뉴질랜드 정통교민신문’ 뉴질랜드타임즈, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지

이 게시글에 달린 댓글 총 0

애드 프라자

타임즈 최신기사

글이 없습니다.

인기기사

글이 없습니다.